Saturday, December 1, 2007

Special prayer request: The Luce family (Poppy Joy)

As I mentioned in my entry dated October 1st, while on this "Trisomy 18 road", I have had the opportunity to become very good "Internet friends" with Angie Luce. She and Nathan went to the hospital at 3:00 a.m. this morning due to Angie having contractions that started at 12:30 a.m. and her doctor decided to admit her. She will be having a c-section at 10:00 a.m. I would ask that you join me in prayer ALL DAY as they await the arrival of their precious daughter, Poppy Joy!!!! Please pray for Angie, Nathan, for their 2-year old daughter, Marianna, and for all of their extended family members that will be joining them today. Also, please pray that Poppy Joy will be born alive, that her heart rate will remain strong, that they will be able to share some "unforgettable moments" with her, that Poppy Joy will be strong enough to leave the hospital and that the entire Luce family will feel a sense of total peace from the Lord. They have a post on their blog from this morning at 6:52 am and I know they will update their blog as soon as possible, as will I.

******UPDATE*******

We went out this afternoon and spent the day as a family buying last minute things we need for the hospital on Monday and just returned this evening at 9:30 pm. I rushed in and ran to the computer to check on Angie only to find the news I was NOT expecting to find, Poppy Joy had gone home to be with Jesus!!!! Oh my heart just aches for the Luces right now. I am in mere shock and yet I am reminded again of the reality and sadness of this disorder. And then a part of me is excited that their 2 greatest desires were fulfilled - that she would be born alive and that she would be able to spend time with her family. And how sweet it was for Marianna to ask to hold Poppy, especially being only 2 yr old., what a blessing and I am sure a sight in Angie and Nathan's eyes that will never be forgotten. Please continue to pray for the Luces while they remain in the hospital this week, for Angie to quickly heal from the intense surgery today, as they prepare to leave the hospital and especially for them as they face the upcoming weeks. For the complete birth and home-going of Poppy Joy please click on their link located to the right, under our family picture.


James 5:16 says: "Confess your faults to one another and pray for one another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man (friend) availeth much."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Poppy Joy is home with our Lord and Savior!

Praise be to God for the time her parents had with her today.