Tuesday, October 9, 2007

We missed Chest of Joash

Sunday morning was the annual "Chest of Joash" service at our church and as I wrote in our blog on October 5th we are going to begin tithing again for the first time in 17 years of marriage. We were so excited about the service and couldn't wait until Sunday, however, we missed Chest of Joash. On Thursday, Friday and Saturday night I had contractions for about 5-6 hours straight, fortunately they never got closer than 10 minutes apart and then on Saturday morning Trayc became very sick with some kind of "bug" which put him in bed until Monday morning so it had been an unusually crazy 4 days and then to top it off, Trayc's truck stopped running on Friday morning and had been at the mechanic's shop all weekend. Do you see where this is going? We decided on Thursday night that we would start tithing again, then I had contractions for 4 days, then Trayc was sick on Saturday and Sunday so we missed the service on Sunday, and then on Monday we found out that Trayc's truck will cost $600 to fix. Today we wrote out our tithing check and are determined that we WILL put it in the offering plate this coming Sunday!!!!!! We refuse to let Satan put any kind of financial situation in our lives so that we will feel like we can't afford to tithe, like we have felt so many years before. Please pray that we will be strong and steadfast in our tithe to the Lord and not allow any kind of financial difficulty to get us discouraged.

1 comment:

Phyl said...

Tithing is such an interesting topic. My hubby and I just started tithing again after many years of "not being able to afford it". I have come to believe that my human logic beat me up on this one. The fact is, I cant afford to NOT tithe. I would like to encourage you...the devil will try his best to keep you from following through...keep your eyes upwards. God promised to take care of us and I promise you will be amazed at the ways He will do so. Faith is looking at His promise and not our circumstances.

Praying for your family,

Phyl