Monday, September 24, 2007

My silver charm is priceless

My 40th birthday is on Thursday so my sister, my 7 yr. old niece and 5 yr. old nephew came over this afternoon at 3:00 pm to bring me my birthday gifts because they knew I would be spending all day Thursday with Trayc and the boys. They gave me several very nice gifts, but the most UNBELIEVABLE gift, which was also the least expensive, was a silver heart charm that said "Tristan". I couldn't believe it, I fought back the tears because I didn't want my niece and nephew to wonder why I was crying about their gift (they were just bursting at the seam when they walked in and I couldn't open the little box fast enough)! First of all, the name Tristan is so unusual, after all that's why we picked it, just like with Tanner and Tayden, but second, can you imagine the impact it had on me? I mean, if Tristan was going to be just a normal baby I would have still loved the charm and worn it proudly, but our precious baby will be born with Trisomy 18, his future uncertain and his days will be far less than we would chose, so to have a charm with his name on it that I can wear around my neck, and I promise it will be worn all the time even if it doesn't go with the outfit I'm wearing, because this is the name that has changed our family's life completely and the name that we will never forget, therefore you can't even begin to put a price tag on a gift like that, it is priceless!!!!

No comments: