Wednesday, September 12, 2007

My Mother-in-law talked to who?

Trayc's mom and grandma live in Tennessee so he has been talking to them weekly about Tristan. His mom has wanted to talk to me about everything we know up to this point about Tristan and how I was doing emotionally but said she also wanted to give me some time. Trayc told her this past weekend that I was now able to talk, without just breaking down, so she called last night and we talked from 10:00 pm to 12:00 midnight. During our conversation she was telling me about all the people she had told our story to, people she knew and people she didn't (she said she'd tell anyone if they'd stop and listen), she said she wanted as many people as possible all over the world to be praying for us. Then she told me that she sent an email to the Focus on the Family organization (she sends all the grandchildren yearly magazine subscriptions from there) telling them our story and asking them to have special prayer for us. Apparently the way it works there is that you send in a prayer request via email, then it is printed out and placed on a table in their prayer room and the staff of Focus on the Family prays daily for the requests on the table. However, someone on staff pulled out my mother-in-law's email and read it and felt like they needed to take it to Jim Daly, CEO/President of Focus on the Family. The next day my mother-in-law received a phone call from Jim Daly. After she got over the shock that he (the CEO/President) was calling, she explained in more detail about Tristan and the story of our marriage. They had special prayer for Tristan and she said it was the sweetest prayer she had ever heard. I am certainly not about big names/titles that people hold, I know that everyones prayers are just as important to the Lord, but I think it is so incredible that Tristan's story(here in St. Augustine, FL) through my mother-in-law (in Tennessee), has made it all the way to the Focus on the Family organization and that they are praying for us! To my Mother-in-law, thank you for loving your unborn grandson so much that you are telling everyone his story and that you are praying for him and us daily, and to Grandma, thank you for praying daily for us and for your unborn great-grandson. We love you both very much and can't wait to see you in December!

No comments: