Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Our video testimony


You might recall in my blog entry dated Sunday, November 4th, our pre-recorded video testimony was shown during our 10:20 am church service. Our pastor was preaching in the Book of Judges, Chapter 11, and had asked that we share our story with regard to dedicating Tristan to the Lord. We just received a copy of our testimony and wanted to post it on the blog and share it, in hopes it might encourage someone today, whether you are on this "Trisomy 18 road" or if you just need encouragement because you are going through a difficult time in your life. I know that so many times in my own life, when I would be going through a difficult time, and it seemed as though everyone around me was having a great life, I felt alone, and then to actually hear someone else's story and how they were making it through encouraged me and gave me hope and I didn't feel alone anymore. That is how this whole blogging started for me back in August, reading stories of couples willing to sharing their thoughts, experiences and grief while they were on this "Trisomy 18 road". I found it very comforting and encouraging to hear their words because they knew first-hand what and how I was feeling. Our prayer is that by sharing our testimony, during our time of tragedy, we will encourage others and that ultimately the Lord Jesus will be glorified.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

My name is Lydia bell due January 09/08- baby boy Brandon Todd Bell full t18 Ive been following your blog since September, i often remark to my husband how similar our stories are.We are praying that the lord allows Tristan to spend lots of time with his loving family. God bless, lydia bell. turtlebell13@hotmail.com

Chrissy said...

Your video is amazing. The courage it took for you to allow it to be shown during the service and now on your blog is definitely encouraging. I have been praying for Tristan and your family for several weeks now...as I am currently following the same path. I am comforted by each and every post that I too can remain strong throughout the rest of my journey as you are. I have added your page to my page; I hope you do not mind.

Emily said...

I look forward to what God has in store for sweet Tristan, too. :)

Laurie in Ca. said...

Your video is such a blessing. Thank you for choosing Life for baby Tristan, opening your hearts to the unknown blessings that are ahead. I pray you are rewarded with lots of time to love him and memorize his every detail in your hearts. Tristan is perfect in Gods plan for his life and yours. I will be praying for peace and hope to be constant for you as you walk this road with so many others. Children are a gift from God always.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Angie said...

Yvette,

That's really wonderful! I'm so glad your church gave you this opportunity to share your testimony via video. Now it can go on to touch even more people than the thousands who saw it Sunday during the service. You expressed beautifully and succintly exactly what this journey is about. I'm so glad I got a chance to see it!

Angie

Christy said...

I'm a "newbie" to your blog, although I wish I had been here from the beginning after reading about this wonderful journey of life that the Lord has taken you and your family on. This video was amazing, and it speaks volumes of your faith in God, and your love for precious Tristan. What a blessing to have been given the opportunity to serve God through such a delicate event. My husband and I read many of your blogs, together, this evening. As we finished this video, all that we could do was pray in thanks to our God who just continues to reveal Himself to us, more and more, through families like yours. Thank you for sharing your precious gift with the world.

Praying that the Lord comforts you as you celebrate Tristan's life, and mourn his passing. Many blessings to you.