Monday, May 5, 2008

200,000


Last night at 9:30 pm our blog received the 200,000th hit.

Last Fall, after much prayer, we took my personal journal and created this blog. What started out as a way to simply keep our family and church friends updated on our pregnancy, after receiving a Trisomy 18 diagnosis, turned into much more than we ever imagined. We are absolutely amazed and humbled at how the Lord has used the precious life of our little boy to touch the lives of thousands of people around the world.

This blog is about the life and miracles that our Heavenly Father bestowed upon our family from the moment our little boy was conceived in March 2007 through all 56 DAYS of his life. The blog has been a way for Trayc and I to share our thoughts, our fears, our hopes and our dreams. In return, it became one of our greatest sources of strength and encouragement as you, the blogging world, have reached out to us through comments and emails. This blog also allowed me to form many friendships, 4 of which have become my very best friends, that have carried me through some of the hardest days of my life. How does all of this happen over the Internet? Simply, the Lord. He knew we would need this kind of support while on this Trisomy 18 road, therefore He went before us and prepared our way so that every step would be filled with love, support, encouragement and newfound friendships. Now, we want to use our blog (and foundation, when finished) as a way to reach other couples that are or will be traveling the same Trisomy 18 road and give them the same kind of support we have received.

Thank you to each person that has been a part of our story, whether you were the 1st or the 200,000th hit - we are truly humbled. We hope that our blog has reflected the love we have for each other, the love and trust we have in the Lord and that our little boy's 56 DAYS of life gives hope and encouragement to those who have received a Trisomy 18 diagnosis. Our little boy, Tristan Asher Hostetter, has forever changed us.


Psalms 40:1-5

1 I waited patiently for the Lord;
And He inclined to me,
And heard my cry.

2 He also brought me up out
of a horrible pit,
Out of the miry clay,
And set my feet upon a rock,
And established my steps.

3 He has put a new song in
my mouth -
Praise to our God;
Many will see it and fear,
And will trust in the Lord.

4 Blessed is that man who
makes the Lord his trust,
And does not respect the
proud, nor such as turn
aside to lies.

5 Many, O Lord my God, are
Your wonderful works
Which You have done;
And Your thoughts which
are toward us
Cannot be recounted to
You in order;
If I would declare and
speak of them,
They are more than can be
numbered.

No comments: